As we enter our next period of growth we are looking to expand the team with passionate individuals to help keep spreading our story.
BREWER – Applications Close Friday 18th May
At Lost and Grounded Brewers we are getting super busy, and are looking for a brewer to join our small production team at our brewery in Bristol. We focus on lager brewing and operate a state-of-the-art brewhouse from Krones.
You should have some professional brewing experience already, but we may consider recent graduates. The main thing you need is a positive can-do attitude and sense of humour, coupled with an understanding of brewing, fermentation and quality control. A head for understanding processes is also essential, esp. as we run with some degree of automation. The team is multiskilled and looks after everything from brewing through to finished goods.
As a brewer you will work a flexible shift pattern, including rotating through weekend QC checks with the rest of the brewing team. You will also have the opportunity to be involved in events.
If you are interested, please email a concise cover letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
ADMIN AND EVENTS ASSISTANT – Applications Close Friday 11th May
We have an immediate vacancy for an Admin and Events Assistant.
The Admin and Events Assistant is responsible for administrative duties as well execution of events, support for sales and operation of the brewery cellar door. This is a hands-on role and you need to be outgoing, friendly, organised and have an absolute love of beer!
Weekend and evening work will routinely be required for this role. The job is based at our brewery on Whitby Road in Bristol, but will also include travel to represent Lost and Grounded Brewers at events both in the UK and abroad.
As we are a small team, this role must be prepared to jump in and help wherever needed. The fluidity of the role requires someone who is flexible and highly adaptable as one day could be admin, the next day you could be packing boxes and the day after you might be flying to Scotland for an event.
Various aspects of the role are given below:
- Ensure adequate office supplies are on-hand for smooth running of the operation.
- Manage stock levels of point of sale material and merchandise, and reorder as necessary.
- Answer calls and direct enquiries.
- Book travel arrangements for staff – flights, hotels, trains, buses.
- Running of routine errands, e.g. banking, post office, printers.
- Packing of parcels for customers (sample stock, POS, merchandise) and organise couriers.
- Ensure general organisation of the office.
- Process customer orders.
- Communicate delivery issues to customers and sales/delivery team.
- Explain products and supply options to potential customers.
- Serve customers in the brewery cellar door.
- Conduct brewery tastings for visitors.
- Host brewery tours.
- Work with the company Creative Lead in the set-up and execution of events ranging from festivals, product launches, promotions, exhibitions and social events.
- Assist the Creative Lead in prioritising events and sponsorships according to the benefit to the brewery and our available resources.
- Communicate with venue managers, festival and event organisers, partners and sponsors as needed.
- Planning and coordination of stock and equipment for events (beer, dispense system, POS, merchandise etc).
- Liaise with venues and event partners regarding requirements, stock delivery, set-up, clear out and other related information, relaying information to relevant team members.
- Actively work events to ensure smooth execution and troubleshoot as necessary.
- Develop and manage event run sheets, rotas and check lists.
- Report on the performance of events, e.g. costs and takings.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Proficient in the use of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Experience using Xero accounting software is a bonus, but not essential.
- Hospitality industry experience.
- Full clean UK driving license is highly desirable as it greatly increases the flexibility of our small team.
If you are interested, then please email your CV and cover letter with “ADMIN AND EVENTS ASSISTANT” in the subject line to: email@example.com. Closing date Friday 11th May.